GOLDEN GATE HALF MARATHON DATES
** Important: we are dedicated to making this the best event to date. This includes getting all runners in and out of the site in timely and ensuring a smooth start. ALL runners (including both Half marathon and 5K runners) are required to pick up their race packet at the Expo on Saturday, November 4, 2017. Should you not be able to attend to expo or have a friend pick it up on your behalf, you MUST select the additional Race Day packet pick up option in you Active account. NO EXCEPTION.**
Saturday, November 4th, 2017
Golden Gate Half Expo & Packet Pickup – Stay tuned for 2017 location.
More info on the Golden Gate Half Expo here
Sunday, November 5th, 2017
Start Location – Aquatic Park Waterfront
Finish Location – Marina Green
5k Start – 7:15am
For the safety of all participants and smooth operations of course closures, runners must start the Half Marathon on time at 7:00am and the 5k at 7:15am. The race features a mass start, and the start line will be open for 5 minutes following the starting horn. Late runners will not be accommodated and may face disqualification or removal from the course.
Festival Begins – 8:10am
The Golden Gate Half is a participant’s race- we strive to deliver a memorable experience. In addition to our gorgeous course showcasing the San Francisco Bay and waterfront, each runner will receive:
Signature Medals: and we mean serious BLING!
- Commemorative, reusable Water Bottle
- Technical Shirt (one you’ll actually wear)
- Awesome Finisher’s Medal (we’re talking serious hardware)
- Free Admission to the post-race RunSF Festival
(the reason we all run, right?)
- More to come!
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- If you attempt to sell your race number, you may not be able to participant in future events.
- You must be at least 12 years old to participate in the Half Marathon.
- You must be in good health.
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
- You must pick up your own race packet and race number at the Golden Gate Half Expo.
- Race numbers are required to participate.
- Medals and/or shirts will not be mailed out.
- No bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, baby joggers or dogs will be allowed on the course.
If you are already registered for the event, you may transfer or upgrade from one category to the other, AS LONG AS THERE IS STILL SPACE AVAILABLE in the race in which you want to transfer.
Upgrading from the 5K to the Half Marathon
- Transfers from the 5K to the Half Marathon are NOT guaranteed.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your race transfer.
- NOTE: there will be a charge covering the difference between your initial payment and the currant half marathon price.
- Your bib may not reflect the change, depending on the date of the transfer, but the timing chip will be updated.
Downgrading from the Half to the 5K.
- Transfers from the Half Marathon to the 5k NOT guaranteed and must be submitted prior to the event.
- Email us at email@example.com to request your race transfer. There is a $15 administration fee. We are carefully monitoring all transfers in order to ensure the quality of our event.
- Your bib may not reflect the change, depending on the transfer request date but the timing chip will be update.
Our Medical Team is a dedicated group of multidisciplinary medical professionals, available to help assess your race day medical needs and administer acute first aid when necessary. Numerous medical stations will be located at the Finish as well as at the start and along the course.
Gear check will be available near the start line for your pre-race/post-race clothing. While you run, it’ll be held securely while you Run the Bay across the Golden Gate Bridge. When you finish, simply return to the same location to claim your belongings.
Please note: DO NOT leave valuables, cash or jewelry in your gear bag. The event is not responsible for any lost items. Gear bags must be claimed before close of the Finish Line Festival on race day.
Once you cross the finish line, you’ll enter a secure participant only area. In the Runner Zone, you’ll rehydrate, refuel as well as be awarded your well deserved finisher’s medal. Be sure to grab all your goodies, because once you exit this area, you can’t re-enter. Besides, there’s a party going on and its time to celebrate.
SEE WHAT RUNNERS SAY
“Awesome, worth every min of my 36h trip! Fantastic city with a fantastic view! My friends asked my choice, Rio de Janeiro or Golden Gate and today i must answer “Golden Gate Half Marathon”. Daniel from São José dos Campos, Brazil
“I truly enjoyed this race. I entered it as part of the three race Golden Gate Half series. This was my third stop on the journey.” K2ayers
“ It worths 18 hours travel. I’ve never been so excited at the end of a race! And running on the golden gate bridge is the best way to enjoy it!” @mezzasanfrancisco from Italy.
Check out Raceraves.com to see what other runners had to say about their race experience.